Wait 'til You're Older 童梦奇缘


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



















Perhaps you are like me - Not particularly an Andy Lau fan or looking forward to another Hong Kong movie. The storyline seemed cliché, about a boy who grew up suddenly after taking a portion. However, at the end of the movie, it got me messaging my friends, "Hey, go watch the Andy Lau show."

Xiao Guang (a very cute boy with lovely eyes) was unhappy with his family (father Felix Wong and stepmother Karen Mok). Constantly running away from home, he blamed them for his mother's death. He wished he could grow up so that he could get the freedom he wanted. He did, after accidentally tainting with some portion.

Enters Andy Lau, a 20-something with a child's mind. He craved for love with his form teacher. Unfortunately, he grew up too fast for his own good.

The front was slow and predictable. Towards the end, there were twists, and emotional acting by all the 3 main leads. Talks on treasuring time, love and family left me an internal turmoil. Simple, moving, and something I can really identity with. After "Tempting Heart", no other Hong Kong movie could attempt to leave me with a tear in the eye.

Wait til You're Older – Life is really too short. Treasure what you have.


0 Responses to “Wait 'til You're Older 童梦奇缘”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links