A Chinese Tall Story 情癫大圣


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



















We are all so familiar with the Monkey God's Journey of the West. A Chinese Tall Story tells the little-known tale about his master, Tripitaka. The Tang Monk's disciples are captured by evil spirits, and he has to save them with the help of evil spirit Meiyan. Meiyan is extremely ugly and guess what? Yes, they fall in love and she does become pretty.

Totally nonsensical and absolutely absurd! A sissy Triptaka, a vulgar Monkey God, man with breasts, a lesbian and chain-smoking fairy. Does this remind you of... Stephen Chow?

So downright silly it made me laugh. Charlene Choi (who happens to be like in every single Hong Kong movie) playing the ugly duckling Meiyan was refreshing for once. (My good friend happens to be called Meiyan and I am somehow always reminded of her. Meiyan, are you reading this?)

Over flooded with computer graphics and run-on-the mill jokes, what haven't we seen before? I nodded slept half way in the movie, while the person beside me cried at the everlasting love of Tripitaka and Meiyan. All right. What did I miss?

A Chinese Tall Story – A Chinese Bizarre Movie


0 Responses to “A Chinese Tall Story 情癫大圣”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links