Tony Takitani


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...




















Director: Jun Ichikawa
Starring: Issei Ogata, Rie Miyazawa
RunTime: 75 mins
Genre: Drama (Japanese)
Rating: PG
Will Appeal To: Poetry lovers


Synopsis: Due to his Western name, Tony was shunned by other kids and spent a solitary childhood. Then in middle age, Tony suddenly falls for a pretty young woman, Eiko Konuma. Eiko is like an angel in Tony's daily existence, and for the first time in his life, he feels connected to the outside world. However, Eiko does have one fault: she's a clothing shopaholic.

What happened:
- My friend sitting on my left slept throughout the movie after the opening shot.
- My friend sitting on my right, who usually has little patience for slow movies, is surprisingly attracted to the beauty and ‘rhythm’ of the piece. He calls it a ”poetry movie”.
- I (obviously sitting in the middle) was admiring every shot and dialogue initially, aesthetically filmed in a bluish tinge. Unfortunately, I soon started looking at my watch. (It was not a comedy as I thought.)

Tony Takitani – A" poetry movie", slow and beautiful.


1 Responses to “Tony Takitani”

  1. Anonymous Anonymous 

    i've never watched this, but juging from what you said, i guess we could give the producers a nod for making the move just a little over 60 min. :)

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

Previous posts

Archives

Links